How Do I Find an Internship?
Handshake is the #1 way college students find jobs - no experience needed. Join today and get recruited by employers hiring students at your school.
Get Started Today
Northampton's Center for Career Development team is here to help you go from your first class to your first day on the job. Our services include:
Meet with one of our career specialists to discuss your career path or explore new career directions.
Resume and Cover Letter Help
Schedule a one-on-one appointment to review and improve your resume and cover letter.
Meet with a specialist to prepare for your next interview.
Internships and Job Placement
Find an experiential learning or employment opportunity that works for you.
NCC Career Leadership Experience
Get the EDGE in your career and beyond!
NCC's Career Leadership Experience is a free course designed to develop skills that will give you the EDGE in the workplace.
The Career Leadership Experience prepares students for life after NCC through:
- Career exploration activities to learn more about yourself, your interests, values, personality, and skills and careers that are potential fits.
- Development of professional documents for your job search including a resume, cover letter; a LinkedIn profile; strong interview skills, networking, and job search skills.
- Setting career goals - short term and long term.
- Acquiring experience through experiential learning opportunities - informational interviews, job shadows, internships; involvement in college clubs/organizations, community organizations.
Students will develop career readiness skills that ALL employers look for in their employees and that all students, regardless of major, need to take their career or academic aspirations to the next level. The program includes videos, articles, and assignments designed to give you practical professional tools and employability skills. It’s divided over two semesters; both Level 1 and Level 2 are offered every semester, so they can be completed consecutively or with semester breaks in-between. Modules and assignments are self-paced.
Throughout the experience, students will have opportunities to engage with employers and practice their career skills. Students who complete the program will be awarded Certificates of Completion, a letter of recommendation, and priority job shadow selection.
For more information, fill out this interest form and a member of the Career Development team will follow up with you.
Ready to enroll? Register here.
Need professional attire? Schedule an appointment at NCC’s First Impressions Boutique for FREE new and gently used professional clothing. Contact Fran Maiatico at at 610-861-5481 or email: email@example.com
Bethlehem Campus - College Center 101
Monroe Campus - Kapp Hall, Room 020N.1
Interested in donating clothing?
We gladly accept appropriate donations of business clothing, including:
- Coordinated skirt and pant suits less than three years old
- Blouses, dress shirts and shells
- Interview and work appropriate separates, such as blazers, jackets, shirts, pants and skirts
- Unopened hosiery
- Jewelry, scarves, ties and other accessories
- Briefcases and professional looking handbags