Upcoming Programs and Events
View Spring 2020 Events
Completed Reference File Packet
Download Now (PDF)
Northampton's Career Services team is here to help you go from your first class to your first day on the job. Our services include:
- Career Exploration, a multi-step process that includes learning about oneself, occupations, and the world of work.
- Career Planning Services - Career Planning Services are available to help you decide on a career path or between several possible careers. Call 610.861.5344 for an appointment.
- Events, including career fairs and visits from campus recruiters
- First Impressions - a service providing new and gently used professional clothing to students at no charge .
- Interview Stream - a web-based tool to practice your interview skills using a webcam.
- Big Interview - another web-based interview practice tool.
- Job Hunters Email Newsletter - sign up to receive this monthly email announcing upcoming job postings, hiring events, and other related information.
- Job Listings for NCC students via Handshake
- Mentoring and Networking - Create a professional profile on LinkedIn and connect with students, alumni, staff, and faculty.
- Online résumé building through OptimalResume.com
- Professional Edge Certificate Program
- Programs, including résumé and cover letter preparation, interview skills, job search strategies, and career decision making.
- Reference File Service to provide employers and/or colleges with information about your qualifications including letters of recommendation.
- Résumé and Cover Letter Critiques - Drop off a copy of your résumé and/or cover letter and it will be returned with written comments within 5 days. Unable to come in for an appointment? Email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support for students in A.A.S. STEM programs: Our Student Success Specialist supports students in specific academic programs: Applied Quality & Standards, Automotive degrees/diplomas, Computer Aided Design, Computer Information Technology degrees/diplomas, Computer Maintenance & Service degree/certificate, Electrical Construction Technology, Electrical Technology degree/diploma, Electromechanical Technology, Electronics degree/diploma, HVAC/R, Nanofabrication, Web Development, and Welding. They offer academic advising, career and job search assistance, professional development guidance, and a connection to support services and resources available to students at NCC.