Students working toward their Specialized Diploma in Sustainable Energy will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of energy conversion, sustainability, and the role energy has played in the development of modern society. Combining fundamental coursework in electrical technology with courses in energy policy will help students develop a broad perspective on the issues, challenges and potential solutions for global sustainable energy. This program offers students an introduction to the wide range of topics associated with sustainable energy, including electrical fundamentals, hands-on training experiences and public policy development.
This program can be stacked with the AS degree in Environmental Science or the AAS degree in Electrical Technology allowing students to graduate with both a Specialized Diploma and an Associate Degree within 2.5 years.
Careers in Sustainable Energy
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top two fastest growing occupations from 2018-2028 are forecasted to be in the sustainable energy field. Number one is a Solar Photovoltaic Installer and number two is a Wind Turbine Service Technician. Additionally, the broad range of sustainability topics across course disciplines serves to prepare a student to direct their continued education towards management, science, engineering, technical, or a variety of other occupations.
Sustainable Energy Career Paths
- Solar Photovoltaic Installer
- Geothermal HVAC Technician
- Wind Turbine Service Technician
Degrees We Offer
- Sustainable Energy Specialized Diploma | 1 year
- This program can be stacked with the AS is Environmental Science or the AAS in Electrical Technology to earn both credentials in 2.5 years
- The Sustainable Energy Specialized Diploma can be completed at our Bethlehem Campus.