The FAFSA is looking at financial or family circumstances as they exist often a year or two before you actually become a student. We understand a lot can change during that time! The NCC Financial Aid team has a process in place to review these changes and help you qualify for any additional aid you may be eligible for due to these changes.
Special Circumstances Considered
- Job Loss
- One Time Retirement Distribution
- Less Hours or income at work
- Loss of Assets
- Medical Expenses
- Parent Attending College
- Changes in marital status post completion of FAFSA
Basic Eligibility for a Special Circumstances Appeal
- Have a completed FASFA for the correct term on file
- Submit any financial aid inbox items in Workday
- Have an EFC score on the FAFSA greater than 0
- Have experienced a significant change in financial circumstances since completing the FAFSA
After You Apply
After you complete the appeal, we will reach out to let you know which documents to submit for review. Please allow a couple weeks to work through these once all the documents are in, as we have to do some calculations on your FAFSA. We will then reach and let you know the outcome.