Take the Next Step
Are you a high school student looking to begin your journey to a college degree now? Do you want take a college course or several and save time and money in the process? If so, you should explore Northampton Community College's Dual Enrollment program.
Dual Enrollment is open to students who take Honors and AP courses, as well as those who are in college prep and vocational curriculum. NCC offers over 100 degree and specialized diploma offerings, and Dual Enrollment students can select from a variety of college-level courses that are offered on-campus and online, all taught by NCC faculty. NCC Dual Enrollment students are considered an NCC student and have access to the Library, Learning Center, Career Services, etc
NCC has several College Connections Specialists who spend a lot of time in the local high schools, and are available to answer questions on the program. You can contact a College Connections Specialist by emailing email@example.com, or join us at one of our upcoming virtual Dual Enrollment Information Sessions.
Steps to Becoming a Dual Enrollment Student
- Speak with your School Counselor to see if you qualify for Dual Enrollment classes at NCC.
- Complete the FREE online Dual Enrollment application.
- When you submit the application there will be a confirmation page with a link that will direct you to the FERPA and Approval Form (PDF), which may also be found in your School Counseling Office. Please have all required parties (including parent and school counselor/ principal) sign and return this paperwork to the address listed or firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- Request a high school transcript (per your high schools instructions) as part of the review process.
- Students with a 3.5 cumulutive GPA or in the top 20% of their class are encouraged to complete an application for NCC's honors program.
A limited number of dual enrollment scholarships are available each semester. Preference will be given to students who receive free/reduced lunch or are in financial hardship. To be considered for a Fall 2020 Scholarship, please submit your application by May 15, 2020. View Scholarship Application
What to Expect at NCC
Planning to attend NCC after high school graduation?
You will also need to complete a Change of Major form. Some programs require additional information and have earlier deadlines. Please click here to see if you need to submit additional documentation.
Below are some important documents available for download to make the most of Dual Enrollment at NCC