Types of Transfer Agreements

Not all transfer agreements are the same, listed below are the most common types of transfer agreements and how each of them work. If you’re not sure which agreement is best suited for your educational goals, make an appointment with Transfer Advising today!


Dual Admissions

A dual admissions agreement is a transfer program formed with specific schools that allows students to identify early what institution they would like to transfer to and ease the planning process with security of knowing credits will transfer.


In order to be considered a dual admissions applicant to their transfer destination students need to:

  • Fill out and submit a dual admissions intent form for the desired university (typically this needs to be done before a certain number of credits is completed by the student)
  • Graduate with a GPA that the transfer destination requires
  • Finish with a C or better in all coursework at NCC
  • Graduate from NCC with an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree

Benefits of a Dual Admissions Program Are:

  • Additional scholarships available to dual admissions students
  • Waived application fees when they apply to their transfer destination

View Current Dual Admissions Agreements



Core-to-Core transfer agreements allow students to transfer with the understanding that after they complete an Associate of Art or Associate of Science that their general education (or core) requirements are fulfilled and will transfer successfully to their given destination and fulfil that institutions core education requirements.


Program-to-program (P2P)

Program-to-program agreements or P2Ps are designed so that students have a map of the necessary curriculum to meet both the requirements for an associate degree and the corresponding requirements at a four-year institution within their desired major.



Honors transfer agreements are for students in the honors program at NCC. These agreements give honors students the advantage of waived application fees, preferred admissions decisions, additional scholarships, and different financial assistance not available to non-honors students.


General Transfer Agreement, Seamless Transfer, Memo of Understanding, & Equivalency List

General transfer, seamless transfer, and memo of understanding agreements all allow a student who receives an A.A. or A.S. (Associate of Arts or Associate of Science, respectively) at NCC and all grades are at least a C, the student can transfer their entire degree. Students who do not earn an Associate degree are not covered by the agreement and their classes are evaluated on a course by course basis.


A course equivalency list exists to allow the transfer advisor to advise a student specifically on a course by course basis to make sure that certain courses transfer correctly when a student is not planning to get an Associate degree or is still deciding.

Agreements By School
Agreements By School

View  all transfer agreements NCC has with other institutions.

Learn More
Dual Enrollment Agreements
Dual Enrollment Agreements

View all dual admissions agreements NCC has with 4-year colleges and universities.

Learn More
Online Program Agreements
Online Program Agreements

Continue your online studies and earn a four-year degree at institutions with specific online agreements.

Learn More

Next Steps

With 120+ high-quality programs at a highly affordable cost, you can build specialized skills to advance in your career path — fast. And with flexible class formats and convenient locations, it's never been easier to join us.